Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:44:39 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Ristow <wrristow@mindspring.com>
Subject:      Re: table all possible combos of seven vars
Comments: To: Kim Jinnett <kjinnett@ibiweb.org>

At 06:59 PM 9/27/2005, Kim Jinnett wrote:

>Please advise on how I might create a table with counts of all >possible combinations of 7 dichotomous variables.

Well, as to that: there are 2**7=128 possible combinations of seven dichotomous variables.

>Still, better, how might I save the information for each respondent in >a new variable that reflects the combination of each of the 7 >dichotomous variables.

I'm not sure what you want, here. If you already have information on your respondents, what do you have, and how do you want it converted to 7 dichotomous variables?

I was going to cite my post on this subject ("Re: syntax for creating new var", Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:31:23 -0400), but I see that was in response to a question you asked.

If that didn't get you where you wanted to go, can you say what you'd like, different?

And good luck to you, Richard Ristow

(If it's a single categorical variable, post ""