Date:         Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:13:43 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Art Kendall <Art@DrKendall.org>
Subject:      Re: 2nd Attempt: Grouping Zip Codes
Comments: To: Deepak Jethwani <deepak.jethwani@gmail.com>

Be aware that clusters could be very "stringy".

One approach would be to array the zips horizontally by longitude and vertically by latitude of their centers. If SPSS is the only tool you have, you can use FLIP and match cases by zip followed by sort. create a new set of string variables that are blank if the time is GT 10. Print the data matrix as a "map" and eyeball groupings.

Art Art@DrKendall.org Social Research Consultants University Park, MD USA Inside the Washington, DC beltway. (301) 864-5570