Date:         Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:36:30 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: data screening help
Comments: To: Kathryn Gardner <KJGARDNER10@HOTMAIL.COM>

While it cannot resolve all the issues below, you might find it worthwhile to investigate the new SPSS 14 Data Validation option. It contains facilities for checking whether data conform to specifications (the VALIDATEDATA procedure, and for finding unusual multivariate values (the DETECTANOMALY procedure). You can read a little about it at

http://www.spss.com/spss/whats_new.htm

Regards, Jon Peck SPSS, Inc.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kathryn Gardner Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:32 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: [SPSSX-L] data screening help

Hi all,

I have a number of questions relating to data screening (i.e., outlier, normality, linearity checks) that I am hoping people can help me out with, as I have literally exhausted all my resources. Some of the questions are practical, others technical. I realize that there a quite a few Qs there, but a simple "yes" / "no" responses (where possible) will be more than enough! Or if people can only answer 1 or some of the Qs that will be just as helpful. I'd be really really grateful of any help at all.