Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:52:01 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Martin Sherman <MSherman@loyola.edu>
Subject:      Finding information on +

Dear list. My help command on SPSS 13.0 is not functioning and I am trying to get a handle on the use of the + sign in a do if loop. Is it simply allowing one to use a do if within a do if? thanks, martin sherman

do if nmiss(pcl_b, pcl_c, pcl_d) eq 0. + Do if (pcl_b ge 1 and pcl_c ge 3 and pcl_d ge 2). + compute pcl_dsm3=1. + else if (pcl_b lt 1 or pcl_c lt 3 or pcl_d lt 2). + compute pcl_dsm3=0. + end if. Else. Compute pcl_dsm3 eq 9. End if.