Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:46:01 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Siraj Ur-rehman <Siraj.Ur-rehman@Ipsos-ASI.com>
Subject:      Weighted Correlation

Hi Guys I have ten variables and except the first variable (X1) all have so many missing observations. I calculated the correlations between X1 and rest of the nine variables. So I have nine correlation values with nine different bases depending on X2 to X10. I want to calculate the correlation values with the base of X1. I tried to do as

(Correlation of X1 and X2)*(# of non missing values in X1 AND X2)/(# of values in X1) (Correlation of X1 and X3)*(# of non missing values in X1 AND X3)/(# of values in X1)

And so on. My question am I doing right or there is another way? Thanks Siraj