Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:55:23 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Ristow <wrristow@mindspring.com>
Subject:      Re: Finding information on +
Comments: To: "Oliver, Richard" <roliver@SPSS.COM>

I'd written,

At 01:21 PM 9/29/2005, Oliver, Richard wrote:

>Actually, in interactive mode, a command can start anywhere on a new >line, allowing indentation without a plus or minus (or period) in >column 1. In batch mode, commands must start in column 1, and >continuation lines must be indented.

Thank you, Richard Oliver. And, OUCH! Profuse apologies.

The closest thing to an excuse I have is that, pretty much all along, I've tried to write code syntactically valid both in batch and interactive mode.

It's fine to know all the rules and apply them. It would be better also to know which is which.

Thanks! Richard