Date:         Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:13:30 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: stratified poisson regression
Comments: To: Jon C COLLINS <Jon.C.Collins@state.or.us>

A general Poisson regression facility for SPSS is available using the SPSS Programmability add-on as one of the sample modules on the new Code Center website. This only works with SPSS 14.

Regards, Jon Peck

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jon C COLLINS Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 2:40 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: [SPSSX-L] stratified poisson regression

I have three cohorts of subjects whose hospital admissions (the dependent variable) are totalled up each of three different years. I'm interested in the interaction between time and cohort--the hypothesis presumes that it will be different from zero. In addition to the cohort and time variables I have several controlling variables to throw into the mix.

I was told that I should run a stratified poisson regression. Does anyone know some syntax that would help me accomplish this analysis?

Jon C. Collins, PhD Manager Program Analysis & Evaluation Unit Office of Mental Health and Addiction Services 500 Summer St. NE E86 Salem, Oregon 97301-1118 vox: 503 945-6429 fax: 503 378-8467