Date:         Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:22:02 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca>
Subject:      Re: stratified poisson regression

Hi

To do GEE using SPSS, see file #10 in http://www.spsstools.net/SampleSyntax.htm#RegressionRepeatedMeasures

Cheers!

Raynald Levesque Raynald@spsstools.net Visit my SPSS site: http://www.spsstools.net

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Swank, Paul R Sent: September 30, 2005 5:41 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: stratified poisson regression

It sounds like a repeated measures design to me which would require a generalized estimating equation model(GEE) or a nonlinear mixed model. I haven't seen the most recent versions of SPSS so I don't know if that can be done there.

Paul R. Swank, Ph.D. Professor, Developmental Pediatrics Director of Research, Center for Improving the Readiness of Children for Learning and Education (C.I.R.C.L.E.) Medical School UT Health Science Center at Houston

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jon C COLLINS Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 1:40 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: stratified poisson regression

I have three cohorts of subjects whose hospital admissions (the dependent variable) are totalled up each of three different years. I'm interested in the interaction between time and cohort--the hypothesis presumes that it will be different from zero. In addition to the cohort and time variables I have several controlling variables to throw into the mix.

I was told that I should run a stratified poisson regression. Does anyone know some syntax that would help me accomplish this analysis?

Jon C. Collins, PhD Manager Program Analysis & Evaluation Unit Office of Mental Health and Addiction Services 500 Summer St. NE E86 Salem, Oregon 97301-1118 vox: 503 945-6429 fax: 503 378-8467