Date:         Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:18:15 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "David M. Fresco" <fresco@kent.edu>
Subject:      Decomposing interaction term in Cox Regression

Colleagues:

I am hoping for some help in undertaking a decomposition of an interaction effect in Cox regression.

I am tracking when relapse occurs in a sample of individuals as a function of what treatment they received as well as two additional factors A, B and A*B.

The output indicates that the interaction of A*B is significant and a get a B and SE of B in the output. I am certainly familiar with solving interactions for OLS, but would welcome some suggestions on how to interpret this interaction.

Below is essentially the syntax I used.

COXREG relapse /STATUS=censored(0) /STRATA = txcond /METHOD=ENTER a /METHOD=ENTER b /method = ENTER a*b /CRITERIA=PIN(.05) POUT(.10) ITERATE(20) .

Thanks in advance and I would appreciate my email being cc'ed to responses as I take the digest.

------ David M. Fresco, Ph.D. fresco@kent.edu Department of Psychology Voice: (330) 672-4049 Kent State University Fax: (330) 672-3786 226 Kent Hall Annex P.O. Box 5190 http://dept.kent.edu/ psychology/ Kent, OH 44242-0001 http://www.personal.kent.edu/ ~dfresco/

ListOwner of Helplessness http://psych.upenn.edu/~fresco/ helplessness.html Listowner of Mindfulness http://listserv.kent.edu/archives/ mindfulness.html