Date:         Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:05:33 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marta García-Granero
              <biostatistics@terra.es>
Subject:      Re: Post-hoc Test for Kruskal-Wallis

Hi Frank,

To simplify the task of running pairwise Mann-Whitney's U tests, you can use the following macro:

http://www.spsstools.net/Syntax/T-Test/MultipleMann-WhitneyTests.txt

Also, instead of Bonferroni (too conservative), you can select other methods of adjusting the p-values (more sensitive), while controlling the experimentwise alpha level:

http://www.spsstools.net/Syntax/Unclassified/AdjustedP-ValuesAlgorithms.txt

As a matter of fact, if you had SPSS 12 (or newer), you could use OMS to extract the p-values and combine both macros into one. But you tell you have SPSS 10.1.

HTH

Marta