Date:         Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:18:46 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kathryn Allie <kalli002@waldenu.edu>
Subject:      Re: Received a Mac update

I installed it (SPSS v11.0.4 for Mac) right away and it seems to be running fine.

By the way, I had contacted SPSS re: SPSS being behind with the Mac version. I was concerned about their releasing v14 for Windows while the Mac version was still at v11. I got a reply back that I'm enclosing below so others on this list will have an idea what's planned.

Kathryn

Begin forwarded message: > From: "Hearne, Marcus" <mhearne@spss.com> > Date: August 25, 2005 6:07:17 PM EDT > To: "Kathryn Allie" <kalli002@waldenu.edu> > Subject: RE: [BULK] Re: The SPSS Mac 11.0.4 patch released. > Hi Kathryn, > > No problem. Its a common question. > > We plan to produce a new version for Mac that we can release very > early in 2006. If we were to try and do SPSS 14, wed probably not

> be finished until around this time next year, meaning wed release

> SPSS 14 for Mac around the same time as SPSS 15 for Windows. As > such, were now planning to produce and release SPSS 13 for Mac > early in 2006, and then will try our hardest to produce and release

> SPSS 15 for Mac within 6 months of SPSS 15 for Windows. Well > essentially skip version 14 in order to catch up. > > Moving forward well (the SPSS Mac team) keep pushing and doing our

> best to get the Mac release in line with the Windows release. I > doubt well ever get to a stage were both are released on the same

> day (at the same version level), but that is our ultimate goal. > > Hope this helps. > > Regards, > > Marcus

On Sep 5, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Heather Klesch wrote: > FYI - Mac patch for tiger is posted on SPSS site, under Support. > > SPSS Macintosh Patches > > > 11.0.4 for Macintosh OS X -- Updated August 2005 > > The patch will upgrade your existing SPSS 11.0 for Mac to version > 11.0.4. SPSS version 11.0.4 is the only version of SPSS for Mac OS X > certified to run on the Mac OS X "Tiger" Operating System (v10.4).

<snip>