Date:         Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:20:48 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marta García-Granero
              <biostatistics@terra.es>
Subject:      Re: Data Entry 4.0(Can u help me)?

Hi Sergio,

SBT> Last year I bought SPSS Data Entry 4.0 for input data of my researches. SBT> However after many problems with this software I am thinking is I did the SBT> best choice for my business.

SBT> I have no support here in Brazil and the product have a lot of BUGs. Do you SBT> have an indication of better software to design forms, validate and input SBT> data for surveys companies?

There is a freeware program called Epidata (a translation to Portuguese is also available).

http://www.epidata.dk/index.htm

It is designed for data entry and validation. It has some analytic capabilities and can export the dataset (once checked and verified) to SPSS, Stata or SAS.

Good luck

Regards, Marta mailto:biostatistics@terra.es