Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:27:13 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Re: File size on Windows.
Comments: To: "Patnaik, Tirthankar" <tirthankar.patnaik@CITIGROUP.COM>

Tir,

The following doesn't even compare with Richard's link but, in the event that you can live with the information output by the MS dir command, then you could just change your /b to /q.

For example, something like:

filename fh pipe 'dir /q /s c:\tir\ddir'; data fdir (drop=dir); infile fh lrecl=300 truncover firstobs=6; input date mmddyy8. @11 time $10. @23 dir $5. @28 size $10. @38 owner $22. @61 name $40.; if trim(upcase(dir)) ne '<DIR>' and date ne .; run;