Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:54:38 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Analysis of Surveys

HERMANS1@WESTAT.com replied: dc>> Still, nothing can really save your analysis once the bad design has dc>> been implemented, or once the good design was destroyed by bad logistics dc>> or bad fieldwork, or ... > >I tell programmers much the same thing about database design, and they >don't listen to me any more than they listen to you ;>

The same is true about anything with the word 'design' in it. Sample designs. Database designs. Experimental designs. QA plan designs. Business model designs. Network designs. Process designs. Architectural designs. Interior designs. . . .

>Bad designs don't change to good designs; they have to die out before >good designs can replace them.

Sometimes you can take the Dogbert approach and help that bad design.. right over a cliff. Not in the Randal Schwartz 'go to jail for pointing out serious flaws in an illegal way' approach. Keep it more Machiavellian. "That's a really interesting idea. But doesn't that conflict with your business model? So, how many millions of dollars has this cost you guys so far?" :-) :-) :-)

David -- David L. Cassell mathematical statistician Design Pathways 3115 NW Norwood Pl. Corvallis OR 97330

_________________________________________________________________ Donít just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/