Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:29:25 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:   Re: FONTS ? (name of default font using gplot cgmof97L ?)
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

D Mealand wrote: > Does anyone know the name of the default font please when using gplot > with cgmof97L ? > > The default font only seems to be usable with single letter upper case > characters. I can use other fonts such as zapf, or swiss or complex > or simplex > but it would be very helpful to know just which the default font is. > > The trouble is that the default font comes out best on my output, but > for some tests I need more characters and so have to use another font > for those and the difference between them is a bit problematic. > > If I knew the name of the default font I might be able to get a > workaround. > > Thanks > > David M.

Not sure of the default, but you can specify your default using goptions ftext="{true-type-font-name}", or goptions ftext={SAS-font-name}

CGMOF97L is also graphics device with 'hardware' fonts. You should be able to specify which one you want by using goptions CHARTYPE={chartype-#}, or HWCGM### in font specifications (e.g. title f=HWCGM006 "This text should be rendered Times Roman Bold")

Use SAS Explorer to view SASHELP.DEVICES.CGMOF97L. It should show Chartype Rows Cols Font Name Scalable 1 50 90 Helvetica Y 2 50 90 HelveticaBold Y 3 50 90 HelveticaItalic Y 4 50 90 HelveticaBoldItalic Y 5 50 90 TimesRoman Y 6 50 90 TimesRomanBold Y 7 50 90 TimesRomanItalic Y 8 50 90 TimesRomanBoldItalic Y 9 50 90 Courier Y 10 50 90 CourierBold Y 11 50 90 CourierItalic Y 12 50 90 CourierBoldItalic Y 13 50 90 Symbol Y 14 50 90 ZapfDingbats Y

-- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com/