Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Sep 2005 07:22:25 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Toby <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Comparing 2 columns from 2 different datasets
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Patrick,

Three choices are to use a Data step:

Data Match NoMatch ; set dataset1 (keep = A) ; set dataset2 (keep = B) ;

if ( A = B ) then output Match ; else output NoMatch ; run ;

SQL solution which I think you already have a solution there.

And Proc Compare:

proc compare base = dataset1 compare = dataset2 ; var A ; with B ; run ;

Toby Dunn

Hi there, How can I write a code to compare 2 columns from 2 different datasets? (Assuming the rows are corresponding) the datasets have different numbers of columns, but the 2 columns to be compared are formatted the same (same number of rows and format). For example, column A from dataset 1 and column B from dataset2. I would like to know: how many instances in A are the same with B, and how many different? Thanks Patrick Tran