Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:41:23 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: HI all
Comments: To: Sweety Tweety <teachmesas@YAHOO.COM>

Hi back at ya.

Although I realize that SAS, like any large software package, can be daunting to beginners, I get the impression that your difficulties stem at least as much from being new at your job as from SAS-specific issues. But it's hard to tell since you didn't provide much detail. If you can delineate exactly what the task you have to accomplish is, and what data you have to work with, then perhaps SAS-L can give you some guidance. If you're really new to SAS, it will help you enormously to work your way through some introductory material, such as the "Getting Started with SAS Software" tutorial you can find on the help menu of SAS for Windows. People on the list frequently recommend "The Little SAS Book: A Primer" which is still available in several editions (I think the most recent one is the third).

One last thing. "HI all" is an unfortunate choice of subject line, because it looks like SPAM, and people who usually would rush to help may have ignored it for that reason. Try to use a subject line that indicates what your question / problem is.

-- TMK -- "The Macro Klutz"