Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:30:05 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help please: must convert from .sas7bdat
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

kj wrote: > Hello. I'm not a SAS user, but I am collaborating with someone > who is. (Actually, my collaborator is a SAS *newbie*.) He has > sent me some data files that have extension .sas7bdat. I want to > convert these files into some format I can work with: csv, tsv, > anything that Matlab, Mathematica, or Excel can handle, any > human-readable ASCII format that I can munge with Perl... > > I have asked my collaborator to do this conversion for me, but he > can't (for one thing he's traveling now, and I can't wait for him > to get back; plus he says he doesn't yet know how to save data in > any other format). > > So for all practical purposes all I have is a collection of .sas7bdat > files that materialized out of thin air, and no SAS (nor the cash > to get it). How can I convert these files? > > Many thanks in advance! > > kj

You don't, I am sorry to say.