Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:54:26 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:   Re: R: Data Values Vs. Data Labels
Comments:   To: lucameyer@tiscali.it

Yes, the 255 limit for variable labels has not changed. Of course even that much text can be very awkward to print in output where variable labels appear, but, again, attributes could be used to store longer text, and a PROGRAM could print it as text in the Viewer or the DISPLAY command could show it.

-----Original Message----- From: Luca Meyer [mailto:lucameyer@tiscali.it] Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:48 AM To: Peck, Jon; SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: R: [SPSSX-L] R: Data Values Vs. Data Labels

Apologises Jon,

What I actually meant was 255 chars for variable labels and not value labels, I had misread the topic...Are the 255 chars for variable labels confirmed? I sometimes have questionnaire wording I need to carry over in the report that is longer than 255 characters....

Luca