Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:08:07 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Caldwell, Gregory" <caldwellg@hra.nyc.gov>
Subject:      chi square test of survey responses with empty categories

Hello List,

Bit of a question here. Have conducted two cohort surveys and am now assessing if there are significant differences between the sets of responses. I have come to a survey question whose response choices were 'yes', 'no' and 'not sure'. In the first cohort survey, responses were received for all three categories. In the second cohort survey, responses were only received in the 'no' category. In doing a chi square test, the GUI does not accept a '0' value for the other two categories. How should I address this? Am I doing something incorrectly? Or missing something?

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Greg New York City