Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Oct 2005 20:11:49 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Office 12 and Excel

Alan replied: >I figure that we've failed for 20 years. Time to let go of the ghost and >give the users photon torpedos. Let them duke it out for galactic >supremacy.

Which ghost would that be? Tfe ghost of Gene Roddenberry? :-)

At least the new limit on records will be a lifesaver for all the people who keep having to take their data sets and cut them into 64K-record chunks for their users. How many people have asked that on SAS-L just this year? Five?

>Best news, imo, is that the 56 color limit in Excel is gone as well. 4.3 >billion colors on the way...daddy is happy ;-]

With that, and new fonts, people will be producing new output which looks even *more* like blackmail notes. :-) :-)

David -- David L. Cassell mathematical statistician Design Pathways 3115 NW Norwood Pl. Corvallis OR 97330

_________________________________________________________________ Donít just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/