Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:52:56 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Chaid analysis

aviben@BEZEQINT.NET.IL wrote: >Could someone help me finding a macro performing Chaid analysis? Strange >that SAS did not built such a procedure

I think that TopKatz is right, and it is not 'strange', but 'self-serving' that there is no PROC CHAID or whatever it would be called. Tools like CHAID are available in SAS Enterprise Miner, which is an expensive add-on module.

The %treedics macro is around on the internet, along with everything else that anyone ever put forth. It may have a few bugs. I don't know. But I do know that it was designed to make some minor improvements over the original Kass (1980) formulation in a few areas.

HTH, David -- David L. Cassell mathematical statistician Design Pathways 3115 NW Norwood Pl. Corvallis OR 97330

_________________________________________________________________ Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963