Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:33:59 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Crawford <peter.crawford@BLUEYONDER.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: Open file in Textpad with SAS

see in-line comments

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:41:48 -0400, John Hendrickx <John_Hendrickx@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:37:25 -0400, Peter Crawford ><peter.crawford@BLUEYONDER.CO.UK> wrote: > >>On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:19:06 -0400, John Hendrickx >><John_Hendrickx@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >> >>>I've been looking for a way to launch SAS from Textpad (or any other >>editor) >>> Is there a dm command >>or >>>any other method to automatically close the program editor window? Or are >>>there any other ways to open the current file in an editor with SAS? >>> >>>John Hendrickx

>>close any (most) dm windows with command >> <window name> off >>You'll want to do that when the focus is not in that window. >>As a statement, issue >> dm log 'pgm off' editor ; >>and hopefully, the command will be issued in the log window, and once it >>has completed, focus transferred to the editor window >

>Apparently, the DM command creates an empty program editor window. If you

.........perhaps "apparently", but not neccessarily... DM is a statement and ......

>issue "dm log 'clear';" from the enhanced editor the log is cleared by a >program editor window is also opened. You can close the program editor >window by issuing "pgm off" from the "command" box on the toolbar. But if >you do this using the DM command, a new program editor window will be >created. Strange and pretty stupid, IMHO.

I sort of disagree about the "pretty" etc. part

dm on-window 'issue command' go-to-window ;

DM statements, need-not create a pgm window, if "on-window" and "go-to- window" are provided (and neither is pgm) Probably better described by usage note http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/005/005644.html

however, see also usage note for winclose http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/014/014744.html it offers DM 'winclose' pgm; but when I don't have a pgm-ed open, it leaves one. More effective, is DM pgm 'winclose' pgm;

I have much to learn too imho.

Include also works when "in" an enh-ed window, just like in pgm-ed. Issued from any window, whostedit opens a new enh-ed window.