Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:30:08 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "James F. Flynn Jr." <jim.flynn@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Troup/Meriwether Cos., 11/20/2005

Another quick note about a little bit of birding that Earl Horn and I did yesterday in Troup and Meriwether Cos...quick because there isn't much to talk about.

We started out at West Point Dam, then headed to southwestern Meriwether Co. Here are the highlights:

Ducks: - Greater Scaup: 3, West Point Dam - Lesser Scaup: 5, West Point Dam - Bufflehead: 3, West Point Dam - Hooded Merganser: Champion Lake, Troup Co.

Wild Turkey: 8, Crawford Creek Rd., Meriwether Co.

Common Loon: 5, West Point Dam

Osprey: 1, West Point Dam; 1, Lake Meriwether Recreation Park, Meriwether Co. (DeLorme p.32-33, grid E-5,6)

American Woodcock: 1, Flat Creek@Mountville Hogansville Rd., Troup Co.

Orange-crowned Warbler: 2, Meriwether Co.

Magnolia Warbler: 1, adult male, Crawford Creek@Crawford Creek Rd., Meriwether Co., for a nice late season Piedmont record

Plenty of the winter residents around as well...Winter Wrens, Blue-headed Vireos, Golden-crowned Kinglets, Hermit Thrushes, Palm Warblers, plus a few House Wrens, Dark-eyed Juncos, and American Goldfinches.

Take care,

Jim Flynn Forsyth Co., GA http://www.gos.org ******************