Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:13:34 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lois <croakie@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Fwd:  Possible Myiarchus FC in Augusta

This email was forwarded to me round-about...

Begin forward:

Hello,

I'm an out of state birder from Ohio visiting family for the holiday. Yesterday afternoon, I was birding at the Euche Creek trail park which is located east of Grovetown in Columbia County (I believe) off of Wrightsboro Road. I'll have to double check the county and road again but I'm pretty sure this is correct. I encountered what I initially thought was a GREAT-CRESTED FLYCATCHER at the end of the paved trail in this park. I did manage to get some brief (and shaky) video footage of the bird before it was scared off by some children. I wasn't able to study the bird in detail because encountering a this late in November piqued my curiosity so I focused on getting some video documentation. It did call several times and gave a relatively soft "pip" call which is similar to what is described in field guides for ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER. Again, this bird was located at the end of the PAVED trail that continues after the boardwalk. This section of trail is easily identifiable as it ends in a little loop culdisac.

I don't have access to the GA list serve but maybe you could post this message for me as other birders should probably try to get out there and get a better handle on this bird. I will try again tomorrow but will be heading out of town shortly thereafter.

I appreciate your time. Please feel free to contact me for additional info.

Sincerely,

Aaron Boone Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas II, coordinator School of Environment and Natural Resources The Ohio State University 210 Kottman Hall 2021 Coffey Road Columbus, OH 43201 614.292.6544 (office) boone.70@osu.edu http://twel.osu.edu/projects/Boone.html

end of forward

Lois Stacey North Augusta, SC (Aiken Cnty) croakie@comcast.net