Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:32:53 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Jennifer B. Griffith" <jbgrif@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      FOTS Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Well, I hoped it would be returning, but this was definitely a sneak- attack! While staying home to be finally rid of "the cold that wouldn't die" today, I was sitting on the sofa when a birdy shadow was cast across the floor. 1 of our cats took immediate notice & perched in the window to watch the visitor, which is when I noticed it seemed rather small compared to the usual yard birds.

Without wearing my glasses, I could only see the silhouette & movement. It was flitting around in the camellia bush, just outside the livingroom window in the back yard, but asking my sharp-eyed husband a couple questions regarding possible markings - primarily the eye ring - confirmed my suspicions: A Ruby-crowned Kinglet again graces the Griffith yard. Oh, I'm glad it's back for the winter! I just hope it brought at least 1 friend with it...

Jennifer Griffith Stone Mtn. (DeKalb Co.)