Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:44:29 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         emaguin@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject:      Test of covariances

All,

Can anyone tell me how to test whether a single covariance (e.g., cov[x,y]) differs between two independent samples. I understand how to do the parallel test for a correlation; it is discussed in Cohen & Cohen among other places. I also understand how to do it with a SEM program. What is the formula?

Thanks, Gene Maguin