Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:15:37 +0100
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   MOSER Winfried <winfried.moser@statistik.gv.at>
Subject:   Mode 360

Dear List,

I try to read out a cencus-file and get the answer

"an unexpected end of file was detected when reading an ibm 360 mode file. The file may have been damaged or may not be as described".

Has anyone experiences with that sort of data-management (i have none, so i don't know where to go on). Any hints appreciated

Thanks

winfried

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] Im Auftrag von Martin Sherman Gesendet: Sonntag, 06. November 2005 21:30 An: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Betreff: Difference between CDF.T, IDF.T and PDF.T

Dear List: I understand the output for CDF.T and IDF.T, but I am not sure about PDF.T. Below you will see the output of each. I thought IDF.T should be .025 and not .058. What am I missing? TIA

Martin Sherman

comment CDF,T(quant, df). Numeric, Returns the cumulative probability that a val ue from Student's t distribution, with the specified degrees of freedom df, w ill be less than quant. COMPUTE tcdf = CDF.T(1.96,2000) . compute tcdf_tail=1-tcdf. format tcdf tcdf_tail (F10.6). list tcdf tcdf_tail/cases=1.

tcdf tcdf_tail

.974933 .025067

Number of cases read: 1 Number of cases listed: 1

EXECUTE . comment CDF,T(quant, df). Numeric, Returns the cumulative probability that a val ue from Student's t distribution, with the specified degrees of freedom df, w ill be less than quant.

COMPUTE tidf = IDF.T(.974933,2000) . format tidf (F10.6). list tidf/cases=1.

tidf

1.960004

Number of cases read: 1 Number of cases listed: 1

EXECUTE . comment PDF,T(quant, df) Numeric, Returns the probability density of Student's t distribution, with the specified degrees of freedom df, at quant. COMPUTE tpdf = PDF.T(1.96,2000) . format tpdf (f10.6). list tpdf/cases=1.

tpdf

.058485