Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:35:05 +0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         peng <prion.w@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: batch example
Comments: To: Art@drkendall.org, xqw1@yahoo.com

Thanks both of you. I'll try it. On 11/4/05, Art Kendall <Art@drkendall.org> wrote: > > If you need to create a variable to use in tracing cases with suspicious > values back to original forms, etc. Then this will not work. > If you already have a variable in each file that identifies the file, > or if case ids are sufficient to trace back, then try this. > > I don't know, but you may have to move your files to a folder that follows > DOS naming (no more than 8 characters). > It might be safer to move the files to a separate folder in any > circumstances. > > If you have a version of SPSS that Has the host command try something like > this. > HOST COMMAND= 'dir c:\myfiles\*.txt' > 'copy c:\myfiles\*.txt c:\myfiles\alltxt.asc' > 'ren c:\myfiles\alltxt.asc c:\myfiles\alltxt.txt' > 'dir c:\myfiles\*.txt' . > > If you have an older version, and are under Windows, <start> <run> "cmd" > then try the commands. > > Art > Art@DrKendall.org > Social Research Consultants > Inside the Washington, DC beltway. > > > > peng wrote: > > >Hi > > I've been using SPSS for quite some time. But I rarely use batch. > > Now I have a lot of data in txt file, and the structure are the same. I > >wish to read them in with a batch file. That need a loop in the synax. I > >don't know how to write loop for char strings(file names), can anyone > help > >me? either a paragraph of script or a website to download batch examples > >would be OK. > > Thanks a lot. > > > > > > > > > >