Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:34:01 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         YI <yi_zhu_web@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Create a Roll Over Sum
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Can anyone guide me how to figure out the following problem? Having a certain variable of data, I want to create another variable that sums up previous certain number of rows (including the current row) at each line. For example: With data Var1, and starting at row Three (say everything 3 steps), I want to create a variable Var2 that sums up previous 2 consecutive rows and the current row of Var1. Like the following: Var1 Var2 1 2 3 6 <-- sum(1+2+3) 4 9 <-- sum(2+3+4) 5 12 ... ... 6 15 7 18 8 21 9 24 <--sum(7+8+9)

Thanks!