Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:17:11 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Terjeson, Mark (IM&R)" <Mterjeson@RUSSELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to use Unix SAS datasets in PC SAS?
Comments: To: Md Alam <mehedisas@YAHOO.COM>

Hi,

Here is an easy alternative, if of interest.

You can check with your network folks and if they have the file system software to interconnect the PC network to the Unix system, then you don't even have to deal with FTPing, or libname engines, or connections.

If you do, then just create a drive map to drive U: (or any unused letter) in Windows Explorer and voila, datasets can reside either machine and you can talk to both at the same time as if they are all on your PC. e.g.

libname unx 'u:\tmp';

libname pc 'c:\temp';

data pc.myfile; set unx.myfile; run;

Of course, catalogs are a different story. They are platform dependent and have to be converted.

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group

Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Md Alam Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:42 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to use Unix SAS datasets in PC SAS?

My datasets are in UNIX SAS. I need to use them in PC SAS using FTP and SAS/Connect. Is there anyone who can help me out with the step by step procedure and with coding to do this job? I never used FTP or SAS CONNECT Before. Thanks a lot for your time.