Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:30:52 +0530
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Shanks N <shanks.n@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Difference between SAS CONNECT and ACCESS

Hello,

I have a setup where there's an Oracle DB server and another box with SAS. Both running Solaris. I u'stand I'd need ACCESS to connect to the DB server but is CONNECT necessary?

Both are multi CPU boxes. The SAS sales guy I talked to, well, he seemed even newer to SAS than me.

The SAS site says CoNNECT does distributed processing, has anyone ever used it that way?

regards, Shanks --