Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:59:36 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Input Files listed in Dataset
Comments: To: jbalint@GMAIL.COM

J~B,

Look up 'filevar' should do exactly what you need with no macro's .

Toby Dunn

From: J - B <jbalint@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: J - B <jbalint@GMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Input Files listed in Dataset Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:51:29 -0800

Hi guys, I am trying to figure out how to input a list of files from a dataset. Something like this:

data All_Combined; set File_List; call symput("My_File", Filename); do until(infend); infile "&My_File" end = infend; input x y z; output; end;

However, I'm not having much luck with it. The first part is that the infile doesn't accept the macro variable when symput is right before it, so I need a way to get the filename from the variable to be used with the infile statement.

The second problem is that even when I put a static filename in, it ends after reading the first file.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jess