Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:14:50 +1100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paul Dickson <paulandpen@optusnet.com.au>
Subject:      testing stability for clusters

Hi everyone,

I am looking for different ways to test the stability of clusters after they have been generated (eg using holdout cases or monte carlo simulations etc). I appreciate that the type of test will vary across clustering alogorithms but I would appreciate some generic reference material (preferably internet accessible) for different ways to assess cluster stability and listed criterion that could be applied to the assessment process.

Regards Paul