Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:36:10 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Matt Eberle <meberle@LAKERESEARCH.COM>
Subject:      Getting at the value labels w/ Python

Hi, everyone.

I'm working on setting up a Python script to build a variable based on two (or more) parents. I need to get access to the value labels for the parents to correctly label the children.

The examples code included with the Python add-in for SPSS 14.x references a class called VariableDict(): * The VariableDict class allows you to easily access dictionary information, like variable labels, value labels, and missing values.

I've tried everything I can find in the manual to get the value labels out and nothing works. I can see that the labels themselves are included by the "Select where the labels are missing" code included in the examples so they must be there..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ~Matt