Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:25:57 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Frederic Villamayor Forcada <fvillamayor-research@ferrergrupo.com>
Subject:      Re: calculate mean of two separate variables

Hi, colisters:

I've just returned from a looong weekend. I hope than my particular solution to this problem is not too late.

Paul, run this code, and you will get the mean you want on the output window:

VARSTOCASES /MAKE score FROM score1 score2 score3 score4 /INDEX = Index "Index"(4) /KEEP = /NULL = KEEP.

DESCRIPTIVES VARIABLES=score /STATISTICS=MEAN .

HTH

Frederic

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Frederic Villamayor Unitat de Bioestadística Àrea de Desenvolupament Preclínic CIDF Ferrer Grupo Juan de Sada, 32 08028 ? Barcelona Espanya

E-mail: fvillamayor-research@ferrergrupo.com Tel: +34 935093236 Fax: +34 934112764 WWW: www.ferrergrupo.com

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sanity is not statistical" 1984 (George Orwell)

Paul Hover <pfhover2@yahoo.com> Enviado por: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 05.12.2005 17:42 Por favor, responda a Paul Hover <pfhover2@yahoo.com>

Para SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Asunto [SPSSX-L] calculate mean of two separate variables

Hi all,

I guess this is an easy one...

In SPSS, how do I calculate a mean for the values of two (or more) separate variables? After all, the (overall) mean of var X and var Y is NOT the mean of the mean of var Y and the mean of var Y!

Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated!

Paul

--------------------------------- Yahoo! Personals Single? There's someone we'd like you to meet. Lots of someones, actually. Try Yahoo! Personals