Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:27:56 EST
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John  Sauvé-Rodd <Johnrodd@aol.com>
Subject:      Re: deleting double records
Comments: To: samuel.solomon@nso.gov.er

Do you mean 'eliminate duplicate records'? If yes then v. 13 has an 'identify duplicate cases' option. It uses whatever variable(s) you choose to define dupe, and makes one unique record 'primary' with a code 1 and the rest secondary with a code 0. You can select and delete all but the primary / 1 records if that is the solution you need.

I wish to delete double records in a variable. I need your help.

John Sauvé-Rodd Director, Stephen Thomas Knowledge Centre Suite 501, 184 Front St. East, Toronto M5A 4N3 Tel: 416 690 8801 ext. 247 Cell: 416 671 8642 www.stephenthomas.ca 'Making data come alive!'