Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Dec 2005 04:26:41 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gerhard Hellriegel <ghellrieg@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:      Re: Installed SAS9.1.3 on a server - - getting error message

The setinit is applied to the SASHELP - CORE catalog. I think, you've installed that to your server, but USE a local one! Have a look into your config dataset(s) (they might be local ones). There are many pathes in them. Something there must be wrong! Also the local config datasets should refer to the central SASHELP library, not to old local ones. Nobody needs update access to the SASHELP library, so it should be central and there should only be one!

If there are no local SASHELP's, your setinit might not be applied. Be sure to open SAS with a parameter like:

SAS -CONFIG "X:\Programme\SAS\SAS 9.1\nls\en\SASV9.CFG"

from the SAS subdir on your server. If that comes up with the right setinit informations, you just have to justify your local CONFIGs, or use a central one (normally thats ok, because nobody needs to have his own CONFIG, except in very special cases).