Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:52:25 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Handel, Richard W." <HandelRW@EVMS.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Patch 14.0.1

I was caught off guard when it asked for the CD too. We have a site license and I had to hunt around for the CD in another office to be able to install the patch.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John S. Lemon Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:25 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Patch 14.0.1

I installed the 14.0.1 patch and found that it didn't update to

14.0.1 in the 'Help' 'About' until I had shut the system down /

powered off and then it worked.

I encountered one problem in the installation in that the patch

demanded the CD to install the update; this is OK for me as I have a

copy but we only loan the CD out to the majority of users. I'm

surprised and concerned that a downloadable patch requires the CD for

installation.

Best wishes

John S. Lemon Mailto:j.s.lemon@abdn.ac.uk

DISS - ASD (Computing) Tel: +44 1224 273350

Aberdeen University - Scotland

Fax: +44 1224 273372

::