Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:37:48 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Timothy Hennigar <thennig@idirect.com>
Subject:      Re: Patch 14.0.1
Comments: To: "John S. Lemon" <j.s.lemon@abdn.ac.uk>

Had same issue about CD - sure that's by design

Thanks!

Tim

Notice: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, do not use the information, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free. The sender therefore does not accept any liability for errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of email transmissions.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John S. Lemon Sent: January 18, 2006 2:25 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Patch 14.0.1

I installed the 14.0.1 patch and found that it didn't update to 14.0.1 in the 'Help' 'About' until I had shut the system down / powered off and then it worked.

I encountered one problem in the installation in that the patch demanded the CD to install the update; this is OK for me as I have a copy but we only loan the CD out to the majority of users. I'm surprised and concerned that a downloadable patch requires the CD for installation.

Best wishes

John S. Lemon Mailto:j.s.lemon@abdn.ac.uk DISS - ASD (Computing) Tel: +44 1224 273350 Aberdeen University - Scotland Fax: +44 1224 273372