Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:16:01 -0600
Reply-To: "Weeks, Kyle" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sender: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: "Weeks, Kyle" <email@example.com>
Subject: 14.0.1 patch
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Dear SPSS-X list members,
The SPSS 14.0.1 patch is now available. This patch will upgrade your existing SPSS 14.0 for Windows (English only) to version 14.0.1. SPSS 14.0.1 is an incremental release in which the following changes were made:
* An unrecoverable error when exporting an SPSS data file as an Excel 97/2000 file was fixed.
* A problem in which the Text Wizard column and row numbers not refreshed when scrolling was repaired.
* A problem in which the closing the Chart Editor led to an exception upon deactivation was fixed.
* An issue whereby chart templates did not apply number formats was resolved.
* A problem in the Database Wizard in which the browse button on Access or Excel database login dialog crashed SPSS was fixed.
* An issue in Select Cases in which the first case replaced a case that should be selected was repaired.
* A problem in the Text Wizard whereby variable types where not always properly detected was fixed.
* A bug in which an unspecified error was given while trying to print specific output files was fixed.
* A problem the Chart Editor in which text boxes could not be edited if fit lines were present on chart was repaired.
* An issue in the Chart Editor whereby "Label cases by" variable was available for data labels on scatterplots was resolved.
* A problem with GET DATA in which the first line of data file was read in, but no more was fixed.
* An issue whereby Survival Plots did not export was resolved.
* A problem with PROXSCAL giving wrong results with similarity data and interval transformation was fixed.
* A problem whereby Export to Excel was done incorrectly was repaired.
* A bug in which printing text output from open RTF output document object produced an error from print and crashed from print preview was fixed.
You can obtain the patch by going to the Help menu and selecting "Check for Updates".
Kyle Weeks, Ph.D.
Director of Product Management, SPSS Product Line
SPSS Inc. helps organizations turn data into insight through predictive analytics.