Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:50:11 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Page <pagemoore@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Simple Random Sample With Weights
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

I need to conduct a simple random sample (without replacement) from two separate vectors. The sampling pool contains two vectors with differing weights: .8 and .2 respectively. So, the samples being selected from the pool of two vectors will have a much higher chance of being chosen from the first vector than from the second vector. Splus allows the inclusion of a weight vector in their "sample" procedure. However, I need to do this sampling via SAS (preferably with IML). Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can do this? I've tried to use PROC SURVEYSELECT, but it seems that I'm not allowed to use the weight option unless I am trying to use the surveyreg or surveymeans options. Any ideas?