Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:09:02 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Terjeson, Mark (IM&R)" <Mterjeson@RUSSELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: SQL Select
Comments: To: toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>

Hi Toby,

That would be very handy, and I have wished in the past that it was so, but the NOPRINT only yields 1 row, while without yields 4 rows.

Mark

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of toby dunn Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 11:05 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SQL Select

micheal,

Simple enough and we wont even create anything new:

data one; input x$ y$ @@; cards; 1 2 1 2 1 3 2 3 3 4 2 3 ; run;

proc sql noprint ; select distinct * from one ; quit ;

%put The number of different XY combinations is : &sqlobs ;

Toby Dunn

From: Michael Ni <michael.ni@COGNIGENCORP.COM> Reply-To: Michael Ni <michael.ni@COGNIGENCORP.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SQL Select

Hi,

Could anyone help tell me a one-step proc sql way to find out the unique combination of x, y?

data one; input x y @@; cards; 1 2 1 2 1 3 2 3 3 4 2 3 ; run;

proc sort nodupkey; by x y; run;

proc sql; select count(x) into: n from one; quit;

%put x=&x;

Thanks a lot for your help!

Michael