Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:40:50 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Formating in the proc means results

ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM expertly replied: >Howard has already suggested using proc tabulate. But his sample >may not provide the lay out you want. I'm going to try again. >If you don't mind separate date varaible with others: > >proc tabulate data=sashelp.class out=yy; >var age weight height; >table age, > (N*f=3. NMISS*f=3. (MIN MEAN MAX STD)*f=date9.); >table weight > height, > (N NMISS MIN MEAN MAX STD)*f=8.3; >run;

I also agree that PROC TABULATE or PROC REPORT is the way to go with a table like this.

However, I would make one *tiny* change in Ya's code.

proc tabulate data=sashelp.class out=yy; var age weight height; table age, (N*f=3. NMISS*f=3. (MIN MEAN MAX)*f=date9. STD*f=6.3); table weight height, (N NMISS MIN MEAN MAX STD)*f=8.3; run;

It just doesn't make sense to report the standard deviation of dates as a date-formatted value. It should be reported in number of days, which 6.3 could do.

The original poster's point about dealing with 20 variables is an issue. But he has to realize that he has some variables which cannot be given uniform formats on the statistics, and so all of his variables have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

HTH, David -- David L. Cassell mathematical statistician Design Pathways 3115 NW Norwood Pl. Corvallis OR 97330

_________________________________________________________________ Donít just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/