Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:28:54 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" <nospam@HOWLES.COM>
Subject:   Re: Visually impaired person needs copy of SPSS 6.14

Many software developers sacrificed accessibility when they moved from the DOS environment to Windows.

But in recent years there has been a lot of remediation with respect to accessibility, in particular as vendors sought compliance with Section 508 requirements applicable to U.S. Government procurement.

SPSS claims to be committed to Section 508 compliance. See http://www.spss.com/vertical_markets/government/section_508.htm. I find that page long on expression of good intentions and short on specifics, but it may be worth looking at the latest SPSS release to see what it delivers.