Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:09:12 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bill LeBlanc <BLeBlanc@VALENCIACC.EDU>
Subject:      How to vjust=b in Proc Tabulate

The code/output below illustrates the problem I'm having getting row 1 of data to bottom-justify in my excel spreadsheet. The [style=[vjust=b]] does not seem to do the trick. The blank-appearing row after Section E123 is really merged with the row above containing the values 49 80 etc. I'd like those numbers bottom-justified in that 'double row' so that they appear after their Section identifier E123. Suppressing the variable name for sec_crn (ie, sec_crn=' ' in the tables statement) gives me the effect that I want, but I'd like to keep the section label, too.

The output in the output window is fine. Just the excel is funky.

WinXP Pro SAS 9.13 Excel 2003

ods html file='c:\_dump\bsc1010c.xls' style=sasweb; proc tabulate data=bsc_ ; class campus grade sec_crn; tables campus=' ' * sec_crn='Section', grade='Grade'*n=' '*[style=[vjust=b]] *f=5.0; run; ods html close;

Grade A B C D Section 49 80 62 14 East E123 E124 53 56 70 19 E125 35 45 50 22 West W234 42 76 15 8 W256 74 51 20 .

I thought I saw this addressed a while back, but my search of the most excellent archives failed to find a reference.

tia, -Bill LeBlanc