Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:10:02 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Margaret MacDougall <margmacd@talk21.com>
Subject:      2D plots with two separate y-axes

Dear all

Apologies for cross-posting

Please excuse this simple request but I am in looking for a quick answer, as I do not have time to fish around too much myself. If anyone knows whether it is possible to use Excel, Minitab or SPSS to construct a 2D scatter-plot in which two dependent variables which have entirely different scales (the point to stress here) are represented by separate y-axes (one on the left and one on the right, say).

I don't want to do a 3-D plot or a matrix plot, which I know at least one of these packages can cope with. The idea would be to have one type of symbol or colour to represent points corresponding to one dependent variable and another type of symbol or colour to represent points corresponding to the other dependent variable. The independent variable is time and the idea is to see if peaks in the plot for one dependent variable are preceded by peaks in the plot for the other dependent variable and to do so by means of the one graph. Failing this, I would just consider the option of having separate graphs for each dependent variable. Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Best wishes

Margaret

--------------------------------- Yahoo! Photos NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.