Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:18:23 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "data _null_;" <datanull@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: post-processing a post-script file
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

Perhaps you could turn the problem around, by first removing PDFMARK from your ODS statement. Then "somehow" insert the ONE bookmark that you do want. Mind you I have no first hand experience with your specific problem.

epelz@yahoo.com wrote: > First post so bear with me... > > I'm using a macro to iteratively write single pages to a post-script > file. I do it this way because I'm putting multiple proc report and > proc gchart items on each page by using the startpage=never and ods > layout/ods region statements. > > My problem is that I want to convert the ps file to pdf format and have > one bookmark per page. After conversion there is one bookmark per > procedure and they all point to the same page. (I contacted SAS and > they confirm that there is no way to turn procedure level bookmarks off > completely.) > > I can go in and manually edit the ps file to delete the unwanted > bookmarks and increment the page references for the ones that I want to > keep, but it is tedious. The good news is that the bookmark references > are standard -- pdfmark[/Title(Label_1)/Page1/View[/XYZ# # # ]/OUT -- > so I can automate the process. If there are n pages and k procedures > per page then I need to delete n*(k-1) pdfmark's and change n-1 > pdfmark's page reference. > > I'd like to keep it in SAS so production is seamless. Has anyone done > this sort of work before? Much thanks. > > Here is a sketch of the code: > > filename outfile 'example.ps' mod; > %macro pswriter(); > ods ps style=journal startpage=never file=&psfile pdfmark; > ods layout start; > ods region x=5 in y=1.5 in height=2 in width=2 in; > proc report; > ods region x=0 in y=1.1 in height=4 in width=5 in; > proc gchart; > ods layout end; > ods ps file=&psfile close; > %mend; > > %macro loop_ps; > %do i=1 %to &total; > %pswriter(); > %end; > %mend;