Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:59:37 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   David <davidschr@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Trying to use -stdio with Cygwin calling Windows SAS/LE
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

> ERROR: Unrecognized SAS option name, STDIO.

SAS doesn't support standard input/output directly from any shell does it? I've never seen it, I use the -sysin, -log -print options to redirect to /dev/stdin, /dev/stderr and /dev/stdout

e.g.

cat hello.sas | sas -sysin /dev/stdin -log /dev/stderr

Works on Unix, not sure if this will work under Cygwin. (Perhaps using /dev/conin and /dev/conout instead of /dev/stdin and /dev/stderr?)