Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:38:26 -0500
Reply-To: sudhir darbha <darbha@GMAIL.COM>
Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: sudhir darbha <darbha@GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Need Help in Evaluating SAS
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=WINDOWS-1252
I am trying to evaluate SAS if it provides any tool(s) that would
cover my requirements. Please look at the following requirements.
*Requirements for the tool(s):*
- *Basic Goal*: Extract data from any type of source (DBMS,
WebService, Application, etc.), apply transformation and load the data into
any type of destination (application, DBMS, Web Service, etc)
- Ability to perform transformation across formats:
- XML – Relational
- Fixed – Relational
- Valid – Value Mapping
- Valid Value Confidence
- Ability to perform *real-time* and *batch* processing.
- Ability to perform "*Multi Cast Tasks*" – Is able to read data from
a source and distribute the processing to different tasks.
- Support *data aggregation
- Business Process Configuration – Creating business processes
that give information workers real-time visibility into an integrated
- *Scalability & Parallelism* – Ability to assign tasks to multiple
servers, assign task to a different processor, etc. (I think SAS Grid
Computing serves this purpose).
- *Performance* – Does it perform better for Real-time or Batch or
Any input from you will give me further insight SAS's product's
and helps me make a better decision.